[FX.php List] why doesn't a fields show? (Resolved)

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Wed Jul 2 10:14:58 MDT 2008

John,

If I understand what you're saying correctly, I think this issue is
actually a password issue (as Alex suggested), and NOT related to
separate files.  I created two fresh FileMaker 9 files, related them,
and then added fields from the second file to the first one, here's
the related metadata:

<FIELD EMPTYOK="YES" MAXREPEAT="1" NAME="text1" TYPE="TEXT"/>
<FIELD EMPTYOK="YES" MAXREPEAT="1" NAME="text2" TYPE="TEXT"/>
<FIELD EMPTYOK="YES" MAXREPEAT="1" NAME="Rel_Test2::number1"
TYPE="NUMBER"/>
<FIELD EMPTYOK="YES" MAXREPEAT="1" NAME="Rel_Test2::number2"
TYPE="NUMBER"/>

Note that it does seem to me that there may have been a version of
FileMaker server with a bug related to separate files, but at least in
the latest version of FMSA9 (9.0.3.326 on my Mac OS X machine) related
fields in separate files work fine, UNLESS the username and password
used doesn't have the necessary access to view those fields.  Note
that insufficient privileges to view a field will cause exactly what
you're seeing.

HTH

--Chris Hansen
   FileMaker 7/8/9 Certified Developer
   Creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org