[FX.php List] FMP PHP or FX.php...??

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Thu Jan 31 06:20:40 MST 2008

Greetings all.

In search of the holy grail, web app speed, I'm looking for;

a.       gut feelings

b.      opinions

c.       evidence

and am interested in all three on which is faster, the native FMP PHP
interface or using FX.php.?

I was under the impression that 'native' FMP PHP is simply an alternative to
FX.php in that it still uses the xml interface. that said I've also noticed
that in FMS 9 there is actually a PHP interface listed, which makes me
wonder if in fact it has hooks directly into the server..??

As I said, any information greatly received.

Cheers

Steve