[FX.php List] Saving/Exporting records from search results

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Sat Jan 26 13:04:24 MST 2008

Hi Folks,

This is a scaled-down repeat of a post from earlier this week.  I
didn't get any replies to that post, and I'm still seeking a solution.

In short, I need to be able to export the records from a
user-generated query into a second table. I have tried 2 methods.
One is slow. The other doesn't work.

#1: Run a php script to loop through each record with FMNew. It took
over a minute to generate 1200 records and pegs the meter. This is
with the fields reduced to just the record ID.

#2: Run a script to have FMP export the records and then import into
the second db.  I now realize that this won't work because neither
Export or Import are Web Compatible.

So I'm back to #1... or another method I haven't thought of yet.

Any suggestions?

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Schwartz