[FX.php List] best way to search a lot of fields on a lot of records

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Fri Jan 25 20:56:31 MST 2008

Hi everyone -

I'm looking for some feedback regarding the best way to search a lot of
fields (5 or so - some of them pretty long text fields) on a lot of
records (90,000+ and growing) -

To complicate things a, I need to make sure I only bring back records
from the user's account number.

My first instinct would be to:

When a search is performed on the website, query FM and return all the
records for the account number - then search that array and build an
array with rec id and the title field of records that match the query.

Would you say this is the best way to do this?
I honestly can't think of any other way.

Thanks for your help,

Alex