[FX.php List] Re: intermittent speed issues with fx.php and FMSA 9

John Moed john at technames.com
Thu Jan 3 09:19:53 MST 2008

The only time I have issues with speed is when I have a bad query either
with FX.php or FM PHP. My database is pretty big (over 600k records, over
1GB if you include all of the related tables) and if I allow anywhere in the
code for people to do a find on all records or a very large result, the
database will slow to a crawl and that user will eventually time out. To
everyone using the database, it seems to have crashed, but if we wait a
minute or two, everything goes back to normal. Originally, I had a single
server install and this happened more often. I haven't noticed any problems
since I split the servers. My FM Server is now on an AMD x64 with 4GB ram
and the web server is on my old Xeon with 2GB ram that was doing everything
before. I have tried pulling large result sets and I don't get the time out.
Also, my queries and sorts for the FM Pro clients are much faster.

Thanks,
John