[FX.php List] Authenticate via External Server

Kevin Becker kbecker at treca.org
Thu Feb 28 09:17:22 MST 2008

My company is switching to Active Directory for our local login methods,
and we are also looking to use those accounts to log into some of our web
sites that are using FX.php and FileMaker.

I have been successful at making a web page where the user logs in with an
External Server account, but my problem is with how to handle when their
login fails.  As you would expect, I get the "Fatal error: Cannot use
object of type FX_Error as array" message.  I searched the FX.php archives
and found how to use "if (FX::isError($Result)) { echo("<pre>\n"); etc..."
to capture and display the error.

Is there any way to allow the page to display as usual with an error
message that their login failed?  You know, like every normal login page
works on the web... As it is, using  "if (FX::isError($Result)) {
echo("<pre>\n"); etc..." will allow me to display an error message and
nothing else. The fatal error prevents the normal page from loading.

Kevin Becker