[FX.php List] Can FX.php ask the server if it's doing a backup?

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Wed Feb 6 18:31:52 MST 2008

We are using FMS9A, and have rather large databases, totalling about 2.6GB. The backup takes about 25 minutes, or a bit longer if someone is editing rather than just viewing the data. That (I think) is because under 9, first a copy is made, then the backup copies are resyncronized with any changes that happened during the whole process. While the backups are running, everything, including the web pages, are sluggish.

If there's a way to use FX.php to ask the server if it's doing a backup? I'd be able to have a chunk of text added to web pages telling the user why the site is slow, and suggesting they come back a bit later. Then it would be nice if that message went away next time they loaded a page if the backup had completed.

Is anyone doing this sort of thing?

-Troy