[FX.php List] [OT] FileMaker Server backups

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen ggt667 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 16:16:02 MST 2008

The clean and nice way, as I picture it in my head,

My setup

XServe with 3x 75GB RAID5
2 external drives Seagate FreeAgent Pro in my case

Here is the deal, FileMaker Server can not serve or do backups to
internal volumes, and 135 GB is sometimes too little for a database
set and backup
here is how I configured mine:

RAID has two folders: databases and backups
external drive 1 has MacOS X and the temporary files for rebuilding a
crashed database
external drive 2 has an external backup or 3 actually; Monday Wedneday
Friday all done at 03:00 hrs

ggt667