[FX.php List] OT: US window envelopes, window position on US letter paper

Ben Bradley ben at batfastad.com
Wed Dec 10 04:49:35 MST 2008

Hi everyone

I've got a quick request.
I'm in the UK and putting the final touches on a PHP/FX invoicing system.
However I'd like our US remote workers to be able to download the PDF
invoices in US letter format. Not a problem, since I'm using TCPDF which has
paper sizes built-in.

But I wonder if any of you US-based folks could possibly do me a favour /
favor! ;) and measure the size of the window on standard US window
envelopes?
Whatever the standard size is for you guys when posting letters, the type of
envelope where you fold up a US-letter sheet into 3 horizontally.
Is that a #10 envelope?

In Europe our equivalent for A4 paper is a DL envelope. Just wondering what
the standard/most used window envelopes are in the US

Also could someone measure where the position of the window appears on a
folded US letter bit of paper?
Just want to get it so the addresses are positioned properly on US letter
paper.

Thanks, B