[FX.php List] [OFF] IWP proposed as alternative to buying FMP license

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Mon Dec 8 14:38:34 MST 2008

Hi Folks,

Help me out with this one.

A rather "frugal" client presently accesses an FMP solution with a
single copy of FMP 9 client. I serve the file from FMSA 8 remotely to
make remote development easier. The client now needs to add another
user.  They tried to use two installations of the same FMP license
with epected results. Rather than buy another copy of FMP, the client
wants to follow FMI's suggestion that the file be served up using
IWP....as an alternative to buying a second FMP license. (!)

I'm not running IWP on my FMSA 8, nor do I intended to.

However, I need to respond back to the client to tell them why it is
not a good substitute...sort of why a screwdriver is not a good
substitute for a hammer, although it can be done.

Any suggestions?

Jonathan Schwartz
Exit 445 Group
jonathan at exit445.com