[FX.php List] Error contacting database: FX: ExecuteQuery XML error: Mismatched tag

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Sat Aug 30 09:16:02 MDT 2008

... which brings up a question that I had yesterday:

If the web server or the WPE isn't communicating properly with FM
Server, as happened on one of my clients' machines yesterday, the only
way that I knew to determine that there was no communication going on
was to ask for the errorCode from the query. Since I didn't get one, I
knew there was no query being done...

Is there another way? I could use print_r() I suppose, right? Is that
what you guys would check in that case?

On this machine her SSL cert, which worked for a month, suddenly quit
working; I have to think she'd changed something that broke things,
but at any rate all of the queries, which I was trying to do using a
secure connection, were failing to occur. Finally tracked down the
error though.

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker