[FX.php List] Approach to update FM data from web input

Michael Layne fx at 9degrees.com
Tue Aug 26 21:12:38 MDT 2008

Jonathan,

We do something like this - but we "control" things a bit to insure
the integrity of the data in case the "customer/user" inadvertently
messes things up.

We use a temporary table to capture what the customer CAN change, then
compare to what we have.  We check it, and then overwrite with a click
of a button for each field that doesn't match. We have some tracking
in place anyway, but this makes the customer happy they get to control
their information, and we can double-check things (for a little extra
control :-)).  I've included a screenshot that paints the picture
(Hope that is alright or is it a no-no here?)

Good luck...

ADDITION:

oops... no attachments I guess...  here is a link to a screenshot...

http://www.9degrees.com/i/data-control.gif

Michael Layne  |  9 degrees development  |  9degrees.com  |  skype:laynebay