[FX.php List] help debugging editCompany.php please

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Tue Aug 26 04:19:41 MDT 2008

Hi John -

In order to edit a record, you need to pass the Record ID of that record.

You'll want to add a line like this:

$request->AddDBParam('recid', $RecID);

note: You'll have to set $RecID to the appropriate Record ID before this
line.

 From your question, however, it seems that instead of doing an edit,
you want to create a new record. ("I would expect the data passed from
the form to be inserted into FM.") If this is the case, you don't have a
Record ID yet, so you don't need to worry about that. Simply change
FMEdit() to FMNew()