[FX.php List] Portals in fx.php versus API

Dale Bengston dbengston at tds.net
Mon Apr 14 12:47:58 MDT 2008

I can answer question 1: FX.php does support portals for retrieving
data. That said, I would not do it because of the performance hit
realized by retrieving portal data from FMP. I would retrieve the
child records with a separate FX query.

I don't use the PHP API, but I would assume it's structured in a way
that closely mirrors the client-server methods FMP developers are used
to using to display records. Which is to say, it most likely supports
portal display. Since it uses the same XML interface as FMP, I would
assume it would do so at least as well.

However, using the same XML interface means it probably suffers from
the same performance hits accessing portal data, too.

Hope this helps,
Dale