[FX.php List] Creating recurring event records

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Sat Sep 29 10:45:41 MDT 2007

I've got a client for whom I'm creating a room-scheduling web app for
a college music school.

One of the requirements of the project is to be able to create
recurring events (daily, weekly, monthly, annually).

I've already written the scheduler and the one-time schedule-creation
script in PHP (complete with a schedule conflict checker), but now
that I'm about to create the recurring scripts, I'm wondering if it
might be more prudent to write FileMaker scripts and add multiple
records via a FileMaker script rather than a PHP script.

There won't be many admins in this app (possibly only one), so I'm
not too concerned about overlapping script commands. Because I think
it'll be easier to do the necessary date math in FileMaker, I'm
leaning towards writing FM scripts.

I'm looking for opinions here; I know that I can take PHP and do date
comparisions using date manipulation there, but can't help but think
it'll be much easier to just fire the appropriate script in FileMaker
rather than doing all this convoluted PHP scripting.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING: