[FX.php List] JavaScript, AJAX, jQuery assistance?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 27 22:46:31 MDT 2007

Hi Michael

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, neither of these options work
satisfactorily:
Including JT_init(); as part of the LAJAX callback causes duplicate
displays of the original tooltip (at least in Safari), and adding
JavaScript to the called page (ajaxpage.html) doesn't actually fire
off the JavaScript.

Steve Winter thinks that it's the way that LAJAX writes content to
the div that's the problem.  He recommends prototype, through which
he says "you can explicitly allow or deny the running of scripts
within loaded files during the call to that file".  I'll be giving
that a try, as well as looking at how jQuery might do this.  (Do you
know this already?  Is it easy to figure out?)

Thanks,
-Joel