[FX.php List] FMP 9.0 connectivity issue...

VanBuskirk, Patricia pvanbuskirk at otc.fsu.edu
Fri Sep 14 09:27:12 MDT 2007

I am sending this email to both list serves as I am about at the end of
my rope with this issue!

My Windows 2003 FM Server (v9) is not wanting to communicate with the
Windows 2000 web server.  I finally got FMP to RECOGNIZE the web server,
but when I try to run the tests, I get the following errors (p.s there
are no active sessions open):

The Instant Web Publishing test says:
Forbidden
You do not have authorization to access this server

The PHP Custom Web Publishing and XSLT tests both say:
The PHP connection to the FMServer_Sample database failed.
This Web Publishing Engine already has too many active sessions. Using
FileMaker Server Admin, increase the number of Web Publishing Engine
sessions, disconnect an active session, or wait a while for more
sessions to become available. (Error 956; Maximum number of database
sessions exceeded)

I have opened up every security restriction I can imagine on the web
server and still get the errors.  I have FMP server set up for the
maximum numbers of sessions (100). When I had two virtual servers set up
with Win2003 on each, it worked fine.  Is there a known issue with
different O/S's communicating with each other?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!