[FX.php List] dates again

Roger Price rp272 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 13 07:44:20 MDT 2007

I thought I understood the 'gotchas' with FMP/FX.PHP and dates but obviously
not!

I have entered a date field in FMP in European format dd/mm/yyyy but FX.PHP
brings it to my web page as mm/dd/yyyy. If I were just going to display the
date I know how to resolve the problem! However it is being used in a web
form and I need to update a FMP record.

If I enter the date as mm/dd/yyyy will FX.PHP/FMP switch it back or would I
get an error? Is there a simple solution or do I have to manipulate the date
once to display and then again when I write the value back?

I'm certain that you must be sick of people asking this question but I could
not find an answer in my archives!

Roger