[FX.php List] Getting line number and file name for error reporting

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Wed Sep 12 12:59:20 MDT 2007

I'm working on a single error-handler page that I'd like to be able use for numerous situations originating in various PHP files.

Is there PHP function or a way to get the current file name and line number --  of where the function is called? I'd like to be able to get that at various spots where I check for undesirable situations and pass that info to the error page so I can diagnose what happened. I'd like a function to get it so that if I change a file name or add lines it reports appropriately instead of me having to hard-code descriptions or file names. I've browsed the function list, but I don't spot anything.

-Troy