[FX.php List] FX: ExecuteQuery XML error

Steve Bennett steve at bentechaps.com
Sat Sep 8 13:38:16 MDT 2007

Glen,

The web server didn't change just the database files were moved to a
new FileMaker Server. It is strange in that I am able to connect to
the new FileMaker server using some of the php pages but suddenly get
errors on other pages that have worked well from the same web server
for several months. I am thinking that it is something to do with the
FileMaker Server setup or the firewall.

I have put the database files on two other FileMaker servers and
connected to both of them from the web server without any errors so I
keep coming back to the FileMaker Server being the problem. The only
thing that I have noticed between the new server and the other two
servers I have tested is that the new FileMaker Server is running
Windows 2000 and is accessed through port 591 while the other two
that work are running OS-X and port 80.

I didn't install the FileMaker Advanced Server, it was recently
updated from FMSA 7 to FMSA8 and was previously only being used for
IWP, so maybe there is an issue with Windows 2000. I would just
expect that if there was a problem with Windows 2000 or the FMSA 8
install then none of the PHP pages would work.

I will try some new files and see what I find.

Thanks,

Steve