[FX.php List] Simple PHP date math question

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Tue Sep 4 12:01:50 MDT 2007

the PHP datestamp is just the absolute number of seconds since some
fixed time in the past (i think it is 1/1/1970 in UNIX) so just add
86400 to the datestamp and your new datestamp will "be" the next day.

problems come up with daylight savings and time stamps around midnight
to 3AM so there are many tweaks to this basic formula. as long as you
use a time part that is midday you should be protected from daylight
savings changes. that is, assuming you only care about the day and not
the exact time!

YMMV.

dan

Bob Patin had written: