[FX.php List] FM Scripts vs. PHP

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 24 18:34:18 MDT 2007

Thanks for the response Kevin.

Lance did in fact wonder if was pre-7 systems that led to the belief
that FM scripts needed to complete before the server could continue
with other processing, but said that in regards to FM7+ that belief
is "completely wrong".

I don't think Lance could be considered "the horse's mouth" per se,
but this was discussed in the official FMI webinar -- with him being
"the expert".

I agree that it's nice to keep everything in PHP, and although I'd
used an FM script in my first project, I've done everything in PHP
since then.  It's interesting, though, if that's not so important.

Anybody else care to pipe in?

-Joel