[FX.php List] Fwd: spam and php fmp sites

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Thu Oct 18 13:45:07 MDT 2007

What about this:
Make a hidden form field and give it a generic name that the bots will
go for - "name" or "URL" or something that isn't already in use - and
give it a value of "".
The bots look for generic names - and it won't really know if it is
hidden or not...
Then, simply reject any submission that has a value in the hidden field.
Any legitimate submission from a real user won't have anything in that
field, since it is a hidden field - but a bot will fill something in...

Alex