[FX.php List] Problem with site on client's server

William Downs william.downs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 02:11:51 MDT 2007

Hi Bob,

I have seen this error on a Windows 2003 machine also - I use Mac OS X
myself for development, but have worked ina Windows environment.

I am not 100% sure but it could be due to the methos you use in
trapping for found count during the search - try extracting the error
code from the parent array like this :

	$medFindResult=$medFind->FMFind();
	$errorCode = $medFindResult['errorCode'];
    if ($errorCode=='401') {
//do somethng here
}

I have NO idea why windows NEEDS this but it may be you are trapping
for a found count in a sub array [data] that of course does not exist
if the search returns no data (have you ran a very simple search, that
returns data for sure ?)

Hope that helps,

William

On 10/18/07, Bob Patin <bob at patin.com> wrote:
> I have a client (a school system) that has an FX site already on
> their server, and now have had me do a 2nd FX-enabled site for them.
> I developed it here on my servers, where it works perfectly and
> without any errors. However, when they moved it to their server,
> which is a Windows 2003 server, and then perform a search, they get
> the following error message:
>
> "PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\[server info
> removed]\search_process.php on line 219"
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this using Windows Server? My
> company doesn't use Windows servers, so this isn't something I've
> ever seen before.
>
> Does "unexpected $end" mean that it's reaching the end of the file
> unexpectedly? They somehow uploaded a truncated copy of the file,
> which I replaced this morning, thinking it would solve the problem.
>
> However, we're still seeing the same error message, so here are my
> questions:
>
> Does Windows Server cache pages? Could the truncated file be in a cache?
>
> Any reason why a PHP site would work here using Apache (OS X Server)
> and my FMS machine, but not theirs? To make it even stranger, one of
> the 2 types of queries in the app does work, but not this one. The
> other app uses a different processing page.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated; thanks,
>
> Bob Patin
> Longterm Solutions
> bob at longtermsolutions.com
> 615-333-6858
> http://www.longtermsolutions.com
> Member of FileMaker Business Alliance and FileMaker TechNet
>
>    CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
>       AIM or iChat: longterm1954
>       Yahoo: longterm_solutions
>       MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com