[FX.php List]One FMP DB Multiple Web Servers

John Funk csinfo at comcast.net
Wed Oct 10 06:42:00 MDT 2007

Gerry,

1. Can I support both internal and external web access from one FMP Server?
- Yes, the router can be the firewall and port forwarding.

2.  Should I connect to one data source or replicate the database outside
the firewall? - see below

3.  Should I implement an external only solution and have all users hit the
external site? - see below

In my opinion you should copy of the database and have all the web users
(internal and external) access that database. You can use the same FileMaker
server but have the ³web served² version² a dfferent name.
This way if the web accessed database crashes for ANY reason, your main
database is safe. Of course you need to figure out the schedule of ³syncing²
the two if you have two way information. You also need to look at the
traffic you may have from both sources.

John Funk
Critical Solution