[FX.php List]One FMP DB Multiple Web Servers

gerry.charest at agfa.com gerry.charest at agfa.com
Wed Oct 10 05:04:46 MDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to come to grips with an implementation strategy and could use
your recommendations before I get started.  I have a document management
system based on FMP8 w/FX PHP Windows IIS  (will be moving to 9 at some
point).  The solution is for internal users behind a firewall.  We would
like to extend the functionality to support external users moving access
outside the firewall.

1. Can I support both internal and external web access from one FMP Server?
2.  Should I connect to one data source or replicate the database outside
the firewall?
3.  Should I implement an external only solution and have all users hit the
external site?

Any other input, suggestions, pitfalls, etc. are most welcome.

Best regards
Gerry Charest