[FX.php List] Raw encoding

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Tue Oct 9 18:23:16 MDT 2007

At 03:28 AM 10/10/2007, you wrote:
>Apologies if this is a ridiculously simple question.
>
>I'm converting some old CDML pages to fx.php. In several spots there
>are fields that let users put simple HTML tags for bold and italic
>to format the display of their submission. In CDML all that was
>required was a raw tag [FMP-field: xxxxxx, raw] to have these
>properly rendered.

In my experience, if there are bold or italic tags in a text field,
these get correctly rendered to screen in PHP.

echo $theFoundData['Description'][0];

Will just output the contents as part of a webpage, so the tags will
get interpreted.

However, this won;t render the linebreaks, unless people have used

echo nl2br ($thenewsData['Description'][0]);

Will cover that off...

YMMV?

Webko