[FX.php List] [OFF] How does the List function work?

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Tue Nov 27 13:31:47 MST 2007

list() is not what you are looking for.

you need to understand the FX returned array - it holds all the data you
need.

i believe that the FX documentation has info on that.

FX returns a complicated, nested array for each find request. in PHP,
you take that array and do whatever you want with it. when you read the
docs, you'll see that the FX array has a 'data' element that is another
array that lists all the records keyed by recid and modid. inside each
of those is another array. just loop over that in a foreach and build
your list inside the foreach.

there are many examples of using foreach to loop over the fx returned
result (in the archives). there was a searchable archive link posted a
month or two back...

here is one that should give you the general idea:

foreach ($fxResult['data'] as $record) {
	echo $record['fieldName'][0].',';
}

HTH,
dan