[FX.php List] [OFF] Theory of managing sessions RESOLVED

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Tue Nov 20 14:35:37 MST 2007

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I definitely need to bone up on the
subject of sessions.

In the meantime, I discovered the source of the problem of not being
able to destroy a session at the end of a solution.  Even though I
carried the PHPSESSID from the first page all the way through the
solution, I wasn't carrying the session ID to the final page that
contained the destroy function.   As a result, I guess that the
server didn't know which session to destroy, so it just didn't do
anything.

Once I carried the session to the final page, everything started
working as desired.

Phew!  This was getting a little freaky: "The session that could not
be killed!"

Thanks for the help.  Hopefully, this will help others as well.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Schwartz
Exit 445 Group