[FX.php List] Eliminat the "?" with the SID option

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Tue Nov 13 12:35:24 MST 2007

Hi Folks,

After a year of ignoring this nagging issue, I've decided to fix it.

I use the "SID" variable to ensure that my pages work when a user's
cookies are turned off.  To do so, I ue the following code whenever I
need to jump to another page:

$url=  "thenextpage.php?'.SID;
header('Location:'.$url);

This works great when cookies are turned off.  PHP automatically
inserts the SESSID in the url.

However, when cookies are turned on and the SESSID is not needed, I
end up with a question mark at thr end of all my urls.  There are no
problems other than the fact that it shouldn't be there.

To eliminate the trailing questions mark, do I need to test for
cookies and then change my two line scri pt above?  If so, is there a
best way to test for cookies.  Right now, I just start a session, set
a variable, jump to a second page, and if the variable doesn't
follow, then there are no cookies.

Thanks

Jonathan

--