[FX.php List] [Off-ish] Advice on FMS8A -> FMS9A migration strategy

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Nov 5 18:11:12 MST 2007

Troy,

You should definitely follow FMI's advice, and install the components
in the order they suggest.

I'd also suggest the 2-machine setup; I tried it at first using a
machine for web server that wasn't as fast as what they said was
required; as it turned out, they were right, and it wouldn't work with
that machine.

However, if you install FMS 9, then install the WPE (I *think* I"m
remembering the sequence correctly), then configure your FM Server, it
should all work properly.

I haven't tried FMS 9 with FX.php though, only with the FM API, which
is working great so far; I doubt I'll use FMS 9 for FX.php.

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

Contact us for FileMaker hosting for all versions of FileMaker
PHP • CDML • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation •
Consulting