[FX.php List] Somewhat [Off Topic] How to tell your local computers which is a domain-named server

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Thu May 24 12:59:29 MDT 2007

right. open terminal.app in applications>utilities folder

then type
sudo pico /etc/hosts

you'll have to type your admin password to edit that file.

when you are done making changes...

hit control-x on the keyboard (then type a y as per instructions that
will appear on screen) to save and exit.

then follow the rest of the instructions about netinfo. i've had success
without rebooting netinfo, but can't say i'm an old hand at this - just
did it once in a pinch.

yes, you are editing files on your local machine. hosts and netinfo help
point the system to proper locations on the network.

dan

Troy Meyers had written: