[FX.php List] [OFF-TOPIC] A bug discovery in OS X Server and OS X 10.4 installers

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Tue May 22 15:31:43 MDT 2007

This is what I recently had to do in order to wipe an Intel mini of
OS X Server and put plain OS X on it. The OS X installer would sit
and spin forever on initialize. I was able to use the OS X install
DVD's copy of Disk Utility to initialize the drive first. It would
not initialize as part of the OS installation.

My next plan of attack was to try target disk mode, but I didn't have
to go that far.

Dale