[FX.php List] A theory about my ongoing GET problem

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue May 15 16:01:12 MDT 2007

Here's my theory:

When you use an ASP site and it links to a 2nd site, which is
displayed in a frame on the existing ASP site, I'm thinking that the
session variable that I'm trying to write is being written under the
domain name of the PARENT site, the ASP site, rather than my PHP
site. So this would make it impossible for me to fetch the session
variables properly, since they're not stored where I'm expecting to
find them.

Am I thinking logically about this??

This is driving us crazy; the dealers' website designers insist that
their sites use cookies, yet the only way to use the PHP site seems
to be by viewing the PHP site either in a new window or by going to
the PHP site--not embedding it inside an ASP or Flash page.

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions