[FX.php List] Session variable losing its value

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Sat May 12 09:43:25 MDT 2007

Since I moved my sites to a new server, I've had a problem with one
of the sites:

The site uses a merchant gateway; a fee is passed from a session
variable; if the card declines, they go back to a decline page, where
I used to show a message that said

Your charge of <session variable> was not authorized.

However, for whatever reason, the session variable's empty; since
nothing changed on the site, other than moving it to another machine,
is there a setting in PHP preferences that might cause this to happen.

The page before the transaction POST does have session_start() at the
top, as does the decline page. This worked fine in the past; I
suspect it's a PHP setting that needs to be changed on the new
machine, but what?

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING: