[FX.php List] Page expired problem

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at aol.com
Wed May 9 13:06:13 MDT 2007

Like Troy, I'm in the process of migrating a number of databases from
FM Unlimited 6 to FMSA 8 with BlackBelt.

It seemed easier to me than getting into the raw PHP stuff, since
everything you write uses CDML. I do also have FM Studio, but so far
haven't done anything with it, but I figured that the learning curve
on BlackBelt had to be significantly lower than with FM Studio for
those already familiar with an using CDML.

However there are some gotchas that prevent simply being able to use
existing CDML with this - one thing is [FMP-IF] statements need to be
altered slightly - instead of

[FMP-if Gender.eq.Male]Do what you're going to do[/FMP-IF]

it's now

[FMP-if field:Gender.eq.Male]Do what you're going to do[/FMP-IF]

There are some others too, but right now I can't think of them.

There's a lot of discussion on BlackBelt with hints and tips at the
FM WebSchool forum

http://fmwebschool.com/frm/index.php?board=27.0

But overall it works very well. I don't have any of my converted
stuff fully public yet, but you can see the results of some of it here

http://datanew.wmgw.org/Newspapers/

which will let you search a database of around 590,000 records and
create an order for copies of Obituaries from our local newspapers,
then pay for it with PayPal, or mail in a cheque.

Roger