[FX.php List] GET vs. POST in a web app

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon May 7 16:29:37 MDT 2007

On May 7, 2007, at 5:23 PM, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:

> I am migrating servers too.
>
> I do not see why you need WPE on two machines.
>
> I have two apache machines one with apache 1.x and one with apache 2.x
> both use the same WPE

Right, but what if you have WPE on the first machine, and you want to
switch to the new machine with WPE on it.

Here's my scenario:

Old web server with WPE

moving to

New web server with WPE

I wanted to have WPE running on the old machine (maintaining the
current status quo) and then have WPE running on the 2nd machine, so
that when I changed DNS, the sites would work without a blink.

Instead, I'll have to do this:

switch DNS on all the sites
turn off WPE on the old machine
wait for the new machine to establish connection with FMSA

I don't see any way around this; I could switch all the sites to the
new WPE install first, but the same problem would exist--I'd still
have to turn off WPE on the old machine and then establish a
connection on the new WPE install. The key here is that the new
machine is more than twice as fast as the old machine, so it's
imperative that I switch to the new WPE install.

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions