[FX.php List] GET vs. POST in a web app

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at aol.com
Fri May 4 14:37:06 MDT 2007

On May 4, 2007, at 1:46 PM, Bob Patin wrote:

> So here's my head-scratcher of the day: why, if FMSA only allows
> one WPE connection to it, does FM Admin say "FileMaker Web
> Publishing Engines" in it, and have a scrolling control that
> clearly implies the ability to enter multiple WPE connections? I
> know I'm beating a dead horse here, but it's just confusing to
> me... life should not be confusing. All should be clear...

I'll offer this suggestion - the extra "s" there is supposed to be a
"g" on the end of the process name when seen in Activity Monitor in
Mac OS X.

The process shows here as

FM Web Publishin

Hmmmmm

:-)

But to your question - if I look in the FileMaker Server Admin
"console" - the application not the connection by web browser, I see
a setting for "Web Publishing Engine sessions" = 100. Maybe "Web
Publishing Engines" is a contraction of "Web Publishing Engine
sessions"?

Roger