[FX.php List] Multiple WPE connections to a single FMSA machine?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu May 3 19:50:57 MDT 2007

That makes sense, since FM Admin has a portal-like structure there,
and also the heading "FileMaker Web Publishing Engines" (note the
plural).

I haven't been able to get any clear answer to this conundrum; the FM
person I spoke with today said that a single FMSA license allows use
of a single install of WPE, but I neglected, in my haste to get off
the phone, to ask him *how* one would install more than one license
code into FMSA. From what I can see, there is no way to enter more
than one install code into FMSA. Since I have a developer's code for
FMSA, I was going to put it in just long enough to migrate all my
sites, but I guess I'll bite the bullet now and move them all early
tomorrow morning before things get cranked up.

Theoretically it ought to be smooth as silk, since I've already put
all the sites onto the web server; all that would remain would be to
change all the DNS for the various domain names, and then they ought
to start working again.

The only question remaining is how to "disconnect" the old server so
that WPE on the new server would be allowed to connect; anyone have
any thoughts about that, other than shutting the machine down (which
I would rather not do because of the CDML sites on that machine)?

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions