[FX.php List] testing connection to database

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Thu Mar 29 10:09:58 MDT 2007

Andrew-

Good call!  You're right - it just returns the FX_Error Object -

Your code does exactly what I needed.

If the returned result is not an array, I check for "email sent" session
variable send myself an email and sms to my phone if "email sent" !=1.
After the emails are sent, I set "email sent" to 1.  That way, even if
they try over and over again, it will only send one email and sms.
(assuming they don't close their browser).

Of course, if a hundred people try it and have problems, I'll get a
hundred emails and sms messages - but by that time I hope to have the
problem resolved!

Thanks for your help!

Alex