[FX.php List] A little help with strings and arrays

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Tue Mar 20 05:57:40 MDT 2007

Positive. \n doesn't work for me. But... I'm still running FMS7A.

I tested this when I was working with a text field in Filemaker that
might have Pilcrows (FM's return character). I had to get the text
from the field, add to it (including more pilcrows), and then put it
back in Filemaker. This seems wacky, and I can't explain it, but with
my setup Pilcrows coming from Filemaker show up as \n in PHP, but to
get Pilcrows back  into Filemaker, I have to send \r. In fact,
sending \n in my setup creates garbage characters in FM - they look
like spaces, but they're not.

There are obviously lots of differences between people's setups and
functionality. Bottom line is, you may have to test \n vs \r in your
environment and set your code accordingly.

On Mar 19, 2007, at 10:10 PM, Kevin Futter wrote:

> Are you sure? I use \n exclusively here in an all-Mac shop and have
> never
> had any problems.

Derrick Fogle
derrick at fogles.net