[FX.php List] "site down for maintenance" include?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 7 12:53:44 MST 2007

Thanks Dale

An FMView would add overhead to the page load, though, wouldn't it?
(An additional hit to the DB on every page, including on non-login
pages that do return FM data)

Seems like a choice between the extra step of changing the php
include whenever I bring the DBs down -- as per Andy's suggestion --
or having the site automatically know when the DBs are down but
having an extra hit to the DB on every page (though this would be a
more elegant solution in situations where the DBs are down
unintentionally.)

Thanks,
-Joel