[FX.php List] https issues continue... but I think it's out of FX territory now

jason f. boldt jason_fb at beezwax.net
Tue Mar 6 11:17:39 MST 2007

So, after upgrading to the latest version of FX I am getting slightly
better, err... error mesages at least and I think it is out of your
court.

The $scheme is getting passed, and now I get a dataURL of: (obscured
passwords any client domain name with asterisks, other than that this
is copied from a print_r() command output...)

[dataURL] => https://webbot:******@register.*******.org:443/fmi/xml/
FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=Households&-lay=web_parent_edit&-
lay.response=web_parent_edit&-
max=1&AcctNo.op=eq&AcctNo=260872&website_password.op=eq&website_password
=****&-find

... which is good. Unfortunately, I'm also getting an FX Error now
(which is helpful):

   [message] => FX: cURL could not retrieve Post data in
RetrieveFM7Data(). A bad URL is the most likely reason.

When I check the URL on the production server, I am indeed getting a
genuine Apache 404 Not Found. So this tells me that now FX is doing
its thing correctly but that the FIleMaker server advanced WPE isn't
working right.

What we heard from FileMaker support yesterday:

/fmi/config does not work at all when in an SSL environment, a known
issue that there is no knowledge base article for.... you have to
configure it in non-SSL mode, then switch httpd.conf file and restart
Apache .... then 'trust' that your files are working right because
you won't be ale to get to the/fmi/config page. So what I'm thinking
now is that Apache is not configured correctly... we had to get to
Level 2 tech support at FileMaker just to find out how as out-of-box
installation does not work.... so I'll call support back and get them
to help me until the URL--- the one that FX is passing--- returns a
real FileMaker XML data result. (On my development server, non-SSL, I
use the same exact URL except for the server address and I get an XML
result, so I think this is the problem now.)

Thanks guys, I'll let you know if I have any other questions about
the class.

Jason

--

jason f. boldt