[FX.php List] How to avoid URL counterfeiting

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 28 09:26:25 MDT 2007

Hi William

Are the salesId and/or conID going to be unique per session, after
login perhaps?  If so, then you should be able to set them as session
variables (as you suggest) and leave them out of the URL altogether.
Your called page (filename.php) could then just use the session
variables in place of $_GET['salesId'] and/or $_GET['conID'].

Or are these values going to vary throughout a user's session?

Since you like looking at the archives... there was a thread I had
started on April 24, 2006 entitled "Disallowing access thru modifying
url?" that had some great responses.  (That was way early in my PHP
life... I didn't even know what the term GET meant -- yoiks! :)

-Joel