[FX.php List] Quick tip for iPhone programmers

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Wed Jul 25 09:06:42 MDT 2007

That's pretty neat!

The site in question uses a hacked-together drop-down in conjunction
with an open field. Typing letters drops down suggestions, and the
more letters you type, the shorter the drop-down gets, like the
classic Google Suggests model. I've since switched to using
Scriptaculous for this kind of thing. Much better looking and much
more robust.

I have not yet tested it on an iPhone though. I made the mistake of
taking my 9-year-old son to the busy Apple Store on grand-opening
day, and he did not let me get my hands on the iPhone before the next
people in line got their turn.

Dale