[FX.php List] A solution for the P3P Compact Privacy cert issue

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu Jul 12 12:18:53 MDT 2007

Some of you may recall that I was having a problem trying to get my
client's site to work when it was embedded inside a frame on another
site.

Since these are car dealerships, they all wanted to use a frame and
put my client's site inside the frame; it would never work properly
because there is a huge company that does hundreds of car dealership
sites, and their servers run ASP.

I finally stumbled on a blog this morning, found a header link to
embed before writing a cookie or setting a session variable, and it's
working perfectly now (on PCs at least--their ASP seems not to be
compatible with Macs).

If any of you ever face this, here's what I did:

at the top of my PHP, I put this header command:

header('P3P: CP="NOI ADM DEV PSAi COM NAV OUR OTRo STP IND DEM" ');

and it solved the problem.

Thought I'd post this for the archives in case anyone should ever
need it; what a pain it's been, thanks to Microsoft.

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions