[FX.php List] FX.php compatibility with FMS 9.0

Chris Bisgard chris at hotanvil.com
Wed Jul 11 12:34:18 MDT 2007

Looking at that PHP publishing page
(http://www.filemaker.com/products/fms/php.html), I noted the
following:

"FileMaker Server installs what you need to use PHP including the PHP
engine..."

The "including the PHP engine" part has me a little nervous... is this
going to interfere with my existing PHP module for Windows IIS? Will
it overwrite my PHP.ini file? Should I just remove PHP completely and
let FMS9 "reinstall" it for me?

I'm not enough of a seasoned sysadmin to know if I should be worried.
I'm basically the developer/database manager. I knew enough to just
get PHP installed and configured in the most basic way, and then use
FX.php to start writing scripts. If the setup gets messed up I'm lost.

Chris Bisgard