[FX.php List] FM9 SQL features

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Wed Jul 11 01:53:22 MDT 2007

Hi,

I see that FileMaker has implemented some "new" SQL features in
version 9.. But according to http://www.filemaker.com/support/
technologies/sql.html this is all based on ODBC drivers. I presume
(correctable, of course) that they've simply just taken some good
ODBC drivers, checked/certified them, and included them in the
package, along with adapting the rest of FileMaker to if of course.

If this is the case, won't this SQL functionality suffer from the
slowness of ODBC as it's been available for FileMaker up until now?

// Leo