[FX.php List] Feel my pain. part 2

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Mon Jul 9 10:19:30 MDT 2007

Feeling your pain ;-)

Here’s a suggestion for your actual question...

In the main page put something like this;

<?php // do some stuff

$newWindow['file'] = 'fileToOpen.php';

$newWindow['name'] = 'newWindow';

$newWindow['width'] = 400;

$newWindow['height'] = 200;

include_once('open.php');

?>

For the page to be valid, the include has to be within either the <head> or

open.php contains;

<script type="text/javascript">

  var <?php echo $newWindow['name'];?> = window.open('<?php echo
$newWindow['file'];?>' ,'<?php echo $newWindow['name'];?>','width=<?php echo
$newWindow['width'];?>,height=<?php echo $newWindow['height'];?>');

</script>

You can of course use way more parameters, so that you can position the
window, determine if scroll bars are present etc etc...

Does this achieve what you were wanting...??

Cheers

Steve

   _____