[FX.php List] Feel my pain...

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Sun Jul 8 11:12:01 MDT 2007

I just started working on a project for a guy who wrote his own
database; one of the bad things about FileMaker's accessibility is
that some people actually think they know how to write this stuff.

So I opened his relationship definitions this morning, and found the
most incredible mess you can imagine. I've now spent almost 10
minutes searching for a relationship, but haven't found it yet--it's
under some of the other ones. These are only 2 screenshots--there's
MUCH more! In the 2nd screenshot, there's a single table with about
30 or more relationships built off it. Good programming there. I
don't think this guy would know a key from a lock.

I particularly like the spider web in the 2nd shot. BTW, I made sure
that his anonymity is protected by making this so small that the text
is blurred... he also made me sign an NDA to protect his "very
complex programming," as he told me. Yes, I certainly wouldn't want
to steal his secrets!

Thought you guys would need a laugh this morning... feel my pain. I
dread this project.

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954